When I'm at work: Working on a committee - Learner's workbook
- Topic 1 - What is a committee?
- Topic 2 - Why do we have workplace committees?
- Topic 3 - How are workplace committees chosen?
- Topic 4 - What roles are there on workplace committees?
- Topic 5 - What does it mean to represent other people?
- Topic 6 - What happens during committee meetings?
- Topic 7 - Who can you talk to about getting the skills to be a committee member?
- Key resources
Topic 7 - Who can you talk to about getting the skills to be a committee member?
What you will need
You will need:
- this workbook
- something to write with.
Watch the slides carefully. They will tell you what this topic is about. The slides are about the information in the box. Your trainer will talk with you about this information.
Who can you talk to about getting the skills to be a committee member?
If you want to know more about how to get the skills to be a committee member, you can talk with:
- your supervisor or manager
- your human resources department
- someone who is already on a workplace committee
- someone who is on a committee outside the workplace
- your local adult education or community centre that runs training workshops.